The enormous gap between information governance (IG) policies and broad compliance with them prompts a legitimate concern about whether electronic records can really be managed at all. In this 50-minute session, the following questions are answered and, in the process, insights and solutions are shared for narrowing that compliance gap:
- Are we asking too much of the business?
- Is auto-classification ready for prime-time?
- Why is it so hard to work with IT?
- Must senior management be involved?
- Can I really make this happen?
Upon completion of this web seminar, participants will be able to:
- Define a practical "ask" of the business that encourages user compliance with IG policies
- Analyze requirements for automatic collection and classification of records and related information
- Describe how to improve broad compliance with IG policies by leveraging IT knowledge and resources
- Summarize how to avoid project disruption by gaining senior management approval
Skill Level: Strategic
Education Thread: Establishing RIM & IG Programs
Estimated time of completion: 1.0 hour
ICRM Maintenance Credits: 1.0 credits pre-approved
IGP Recertification Credits: 1.0 General Credit