Technical issues were experienced during the live recording of this conference session, which eliminated the first few minutes of recorded content. The remaining content is still valuable, so this web seminar is being made available at no cost.
Data mapping is a hot topic, with organizations actively looking to create or update data maps. However, in large organizations, data mapping can be a daunting task, even the most seasoned professionals are unsure where to start. This hands-on workshop will provide you with step by step directions using real world examples for development of your own corporate data map. Multiple approaches will be discussed that fit all sizes and budgets including interview driven processes, technology-enabled projects, and a hybrid approach. You will review sample applications and deliverables that enable the data mapping process to define application and data ownership, retention, and legal hold. You will leave this session with the skills needed to update your data map or start developing one for your organization.
Upon completion of this web seminar, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the elements of an effective data map
- Explore technical and non-technical solutions to build a robust data map
- Identify roadblocks within organizations that may impact a data mapping initiative
- Discuss other projects within an organization, such as cloud migrations, data center consolidations, mergers or divestitures, or cyber security events that may accelerate the need for accurate data maps
- Develop the approach, timeline, and key activities that will accelerate data mapping activities within your organization
Skill Level: Management/Strategic
Education Thread: Availability & Protection
Program Maturity: Level 3 - Essential
Estimated time of completion: 1.25 hours
ICRM Maintenance Credits: 1.0 credit pre-approved
IGP Recertification Credits: 1.0 General credit pre-approved