Many may consider motivation to be best achieved by a pep talk or by giving orders, but there are several strategies that work much better. This course addresses the ways to properly motivate others through such practices as ensuring buy-in, promoting recognition, preventing burnout, and much more.
While the course emphasizes ways to inspire your volunteers, most of the practices are useful for employees and colleagues as well.
The course includes interactions and quiz questions that reinforce the key learning points.
Certificate Programs: This course may be purchased individually and is also included in our Professional Leadership Certificate.
Estimated time of completion: 1.0 hour
ICRM Maintenance Credits: 1.0
Domain: Leadership Level: 3
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Explain why volunteers sign up with an organization
- Identify three ways to achieve volunteers’ buy-in
- List several common de-motivators in the workplace
- Describe a key tactic for setting up your volunteers to succeed
- Recognize the signs of volunteer burnout