The ICRM’s Exam Development Committee has recommended three books as excellent preparation resources for the Certified Records Analyst (CRA) exam (which requires passing parts 2, 3, and 4 of the CRM exam).
Only the first book is now available from the ARMA International bookstore; "add item" to cart to purchase:
- Records and Information Management: Fundamentals of Professional Practice, 3rd Ed. (PDF) – William Saffady (V5026). This is now available only in PDF format.
The following books are no longer available from ARMA, so we have provided hyperlinks at the end of each title that will take you to its listing on Amazon:
- Records Management for Dummies – Blake Richardson (Purchase from Amazon.)
- Records and Information Management – Patricia Franks (Purchase from Amazon.)
Reading these materials does not guarantee successful completion of the CRA exam.
For those who want to pursue the CRM certification later, the ICRM recommends you purchase these additional books:
- Essentials of Contemporary Management,7th Ed. – Gareth R. Jones and Jennifer M. George for CRM Exam Part 1 Purchase from Amazon.)
- Fundamentals of Information Systems, 9th Ed. – Ralph Stair and George Reynolds for CRM Exam Part 5 (Purchase from Amazon.)