For a limited time only, professional members get an additional 50% off the already low members-only price.
Professional members can purchase now for $25!!
Records and Information Management: Fundamentals of Professional Practice, 3rd Ed. (PDF)
Author: William Saffady, Ph.D., FAI
This best-selling, comprehensive text is the “go to” book for newly appointed records managers, as well as experienced records and information management (RIM) professionals who want a review of specific topics; supervisors who oversee RIM functions; decision makers who develop strategies and tactics for managing information assets; and for students in RIM or allied disciplines, such as library science, archives management, information systems, and office administration.
The third edition has been thoroughly updated and expanded to:
- Set the professional discipline of RIM in the context of information governance, risk mitigation, and compliance and indicate how it contributes to those initiatives in government agencies, businesses, and not-for-profit organizations
- Provide a global perspective, with international examples and a discussion of the differences in records management issues in different parts of the world
Its eight chapters are practical, rather than theoretical, and reflect the scope and responsibilities of RIM programs in
all types of organizations. Emphasizing best practices and citing relevant standards, these chapters focus on:
- The role of RIM as a business discipline
- Records retention schedule development and implementation
- Records center operations
- Document imaging technologies
- Vital records program development and risk management
- Physical and electronic filing principles and methods
- Digital document management
View the table of contents.
View the introduction.