What are the qualifications to be a mentor?
- Have been an ARMA International member for a minimum of three years
- Adhere to the Code of Conduct
- Communicate a minimum of once monthly with your paired mentee
- Communicate with headquarters about your program successes and difficulties or if you are no longer able to participate in the program
What is the role of a mentor?
- Build your mentee’s confidence
- Act as a role model
- Share experiences as learning tools
- Proactively maintain contact and encourage open communication
- Help solve problems
- Facilitate career planning and development skills (targeting, networking, resume building)
- Facilitate goal-setting and help the mentee become more goal-oriented
- Advise on issues you are knowledgeable on, and admit when you are not
What is the time commitment to be a mentor?
- After you are matched, the official mentorship terms last six months. During that period, a minimum of one conversation a month is expected.
How are mentors and mentees matched?
- Mentorship partnerships are matched on the basis of industry segment, time zone, and the answers provided during the matching survey. The more information
provided in the survey, the easier it is to match the right mentors and mentees.
How do mentors and mentees meet?
- You are welcome to meet in person, but the ARMA mentorship program is meant to be virtual, with discussions happening over e-mail and phone.
What happens after the six-month mentorship term?
- That is up to the participants. ARMA will guide you through the six-month term. Afterwards, while we consider it complete, we absolutely encourage you to continue the discussions. Or feel free to sign up again and continue to meet more great people
in the industry.
What if things aren’t going as expected with my mentee?
- We believe everyone has something to offer on both sides of the mentorship relationship. We encourage you to learn from each other, even if it’s not what you initially had hoped to learn. You are always welcome to participate again. However, if things
still aren’t working out, please contact us at ARMAservice@armaintl.org for next steps.
When do I need to respond to pair with a mentee?
|July 10, 2020
|August 3, 2020
|December 31, 2020
For more information, please contact ARMAservice@armaintl.org.