What are the qualifications to be a mentee?
- In the industry for less than five years
- A current ARMA member
- Adhere to the Code of Conduct
- Communicate a minimum of once monthly with your paired participant
- Communicate with headquarters about your program successes and difficulties or if you are no longer able to participate in the program
What is the role of a mentee?
- Communicate clear goals of participating in the program
- Stay flexible when expectations change
- Accept constructive feedback
- Be appreciative of the mentor’s time
- Be consistent and reliable
What is the time commitment to be a mentee?
- After being matched, the official mentorship terms last six months. During that period, a minimum of one conversation a month is expected.
How are mentors and mentees matched?
- Mentorship pairs are matched on the basis of industry segment, time zone, and the answers provided during the matching survey. The more information provided in the survey, the easier it is to match the right mentors and mentees.
How do mentors and mentees meet?
- You are welcome to meet in person, but the ARMA mentorship program is meant to be virtual, with discussions happening over e-mail and phone.
What happens after the six-month mentorship term?
- That is up to the participants. ARMA will guide you through the six-month term. Afterwards, while we consider it complete, we absolutely encourage you to continue the discussions. Or feel free to sign up again and continue to meet more great people in the industry.
What if things aren’t going as expected with my mentor?
- We believe everyone has something to offer on both sides of the mentorship. We encourage you to learn from each other, even if it’s not what you initially had hoped to learn. You are always welcome to participate again. However, if things still aren’t working out, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for next steps.
When do I need to respond to pair with a mentor?
|August 17, 2018
||September 5, 2018
||February 28, 2019
|February 15, 2019
||March 6, 2019
||August 31, 2019
For more information, please contact email@example.com.