Essentials of Records & Information Management (RIM) Certificate
Are you an asset to your organization? Do you have the skills needed to manage information within your organization as a strategic component for success? Earn a records management certificate with ARMA International's Essentials of RIM Certificate, designed for entry-level information management professionals and other individuals whose jobs involve records, such as attorneys, paralegals, IT specialists, and administrators. There's no travel involved - all courses are offered online for convenient and flexible training on YOUR schedule.
Since 1955, ARMA International has been the go-to resource for professionals who manage information. Now, you can earn a certificate from ARMA International that will demonstrate your knowledge and skills in managing information for your organization.
Essentials of RIM Certificate holders will have completed the following training modules that must be taken in the order listed (all included in the purchase when you click "Register Now"):
- What Is RIM?
- Assessing and Mitigating Risk
- Auditing Basics for RIM Professionals
- Electronic Records Management
- Managing Physical Records
- Privacy and Security in RIM
- Records Management and the Law
- Records Retention and Disposition
- Vital Records and Business Continuity
Register now and you're on your way to a certificate from the most respected name in information management education - ARMA International. Please note that the non-member rate includes a one-year professional membership. If you prefer to opt-out of this offer, please notify our member services department.
Develop Your Skill Set
As an Essentials of Records and Information Management (RIM) certificate holder, you will bring even more value to your organization by being able to facilitate the following tasks.
- Conduct a records inventory
- Manage and reduce the threats to privacy
- Facilitate the development of a vital records program
- Prepare your organization for audits
- Implement an electronic records management program
- Preserve and store physical and electronic records
- Perform and recommend best practices for the legal hold process
- Develop a retention schedule that supports RIM compliance
- Develop of a disaster recovery plan
- Develop a risk management program
Build Your Virtual Library
These virtual (PDF) publications are included within the training course at NO ADDITIONAL COST.
They will serve you and your organization for years:
- Emergency Management for Records and Information Programs, 2nd Ed.
- Establishing Alphabetic, Numeric, Subject Filing Systems
- How to Develop a Retention Schedule
- Managing Risks for Records and Information
- Micrographics: Technology for the 21st Century
- Records Center Operations, 3rd Ed.
- Records Management: Making the Transition from Paper to Electronic
- Records Management Responsibility in Litigation Support
- Sample Forms for Archival and Records Management Programs
- Vital Records Programs: Identifying, Managing, and Recovering Business-Critical Records
Still have questions? Visit our FAQ page!
Have final exam questions? Look for answers here!