AIEF - Call for Committee Members
Wednesday, February 20, 2019
The Foundation has vacancies on its operating committees. The committees implement the strategic goals and action plans set by the Board of Trustees.
Research – facilitates the selection of researchers and the publication of quality research projects that relate to best practices in the management of information.
Scholarship – provides funding opportunities to current and future information management professionals.
Fundraising – seeks support from prospective donors; and establishes diversified, balanced and consistent fundraising campaigns that generate income to fund the Research and Scholarship programs.
Marketing – increases public awareness of the Foundation and its mission by maintaining brand recognition through consistent imaging and messaging; and pursuing mutually beneficial partnerships with information management organizations.
The committee members:
- Report to the Committee Chair
- Attend and participate in monthly committee meetings
- Complete tasks assigned by Committee Chair
- Recommend issues that should be escalated to the Board
- Serve as volunteers with no monetary compensation
- Will not be eligible to receive compensation for undertaking research projects, or to apply for scholarships and/or tuition reimbursements
- Active and engaged member of the information management community.
Term of office:
- Maximum of two consecutive terms of 2 years.
If you are interested in serving on any of the committees, please submit your application for candidacy. Or, if you know of someone who would be interested in serving on a committee, please forward this Call to the prospective candidate.
Instructions for submitting an application:
- A current resume.
- Written responses to the following questions:
- Which committee do you want to serve on?
- What strengths and skills do you bring to the committee?
- Why do you want to serve on the committee?
The application should be sent via email to email@example.com on or before April 30, 2019, at midnight Eastern Standard Time. If you require additional information, please send your request to the above email address.
The Committee Chair will review all applications and contact the successful candidates.