AIEF - Call for Nominations for Trustee Position
Wednesday, February 20, 2019
The Foundation has a vacancy on its Board of Trustees (Board). Trustees direct and inspire the programs and operation of the Foundation. The position of Trustee is one of trust and requires the Trustee to always act in the best interest of the Foundation.
The Board of Trustees,
- Governs the Foundation
- Exercises corporate powers and controls the business affairs of the Foundation
- Demonstrates open and honest fiduciary responsibility to its donors
- Meets once a month via conference call to discuss and make decisions on all matters relating to the Foundation
- Performs as a working board (Trustees lead and/or serve on operational committees)
- Serves as volunteers with no monetary compensation
- Is not eligible to receive compensation for authoring research projects/papers, or to apply for scholarships and/or tuition reimbursements.
- Five years continuous experience as an active and engaged member of the information management community prior to candidacy; or
- Two years experience in serving in a leadership role in a Foundation or professional association.
July 1, 2019 – June 30, 2021
Trustees are eligible to serve up to three 2-year terms.
If you are interested in serving on the Board as a Trustee, please submit your application for candidacy. Or, if you know of someone who would be interested in the position and meet the required qualifications, please forward this Call to the prospective candidate.
Instructions for submitting an application:
- A current resume
- A letter from your employer, if applicable, indicating support of your time commitment as a Board member.
- Written responses to the following questions:
- Why do you want to serve as a Trustee on the Foundation Board?
- What strengths and skills do you bring to the Board?
- In what areas should the Foundation expand its activities?
- From what additional sources can the Foundation build funding streams to support its programs?
The application should be sent via email to email@example.com on or before March 31, 2019, at midnight Eastern Standard Time. If you require additional information on the position, please send your request to the above email address.
The Nomination and Election Committee will review all applications. Candidates who meet the qualifications will be interviewed via conference call by the Chairman of the Board or his designate.