1. A key risk consideration when leveraging "big data" for business intelligence is
- A. staffing.
- B. recovery time.
- C. e-discovery.
- D. data storage.
2. A purpose of an IG audit is to
- A. punish violators.
- B. provide recommendations.
- C. advocate compliance with the IG Framework.
- D. insure that coordinators are involved in the IG Framework implementation.
3. For each jurisdiction where a multinational organization conducts business, the legal and regulatory landscape includes Federal/national laws, state and local laws, statutes of limitation, and
- A. auditing periods.
- B. historical value.
- C. conflicts of laws.
- D. retention requirements.
4. Which of the following is an internal compliance requirement?
- A. protection of patents
- B. protection of medical information
- C. protection of credit card numbers
- D. protection of personally identifiable information
5. What percentage of a typical company’s data may be eligible for disposition at any point in time?
- A. 10 – 17 %
- B. 18 – 26 %
- C. 28 – 39 %
- D. 40 – 70 %
6. Mitigation plans can be validated by using which of the following?
- A. table-top testing
- B. end user training
- C. vital records inventory
- D. policy and procedure manuals
7. The next step following an IG risk analysis is to
- A. submit a new budget.
- B. develop a mitigation plan.
- C. review the risk with Human Resources.
- D. meet with Records Management team.
Developing the Information Governance (IG) Strategic Plan
8. Which of the following is an internal driver that should be analyzed when developing an IG strategic plan?
- A. corporate culture
- B. industry best practices
- C. technology industry trends
- D. organizational structure
9. Which of the following is an example of a critical success factor in an IG strategic plan?
- A. elimination of duplicate data in email
- B. near 100% meeting attendance by all stakeholders
- C. revision of the Retention Schedule to use a "big bucket" approach
- D. ongoing executive sponsorship
10. Which of the following is a core standard for the development of the Records and Information Management (RIM) aspects of the IG program?
- A. ISO 9000
- B. ISO 15489
- C. DoD 5015.2
- D. MoReq 2010
11. The process of defining a course of action, direction, and making decisions on allocations of resources is known as a
Developing IG Framework
- A. project plan.
- B. strategic plan.
- C. corporate budget.
- D. stakeholder analysis.
12. Policies related to information governance include information security, privacy, retention, and
- A. product quality assurance.
- B. intellectual property management.
- C. contract management.
- D. signing authority.
13. Communications to senior leaders regarding the IG framework should ALWAYS include
- A. litigation risk analysis.
- B. program accountability.
- C. multi-year cost analysis.
- D. detailed execution plans
14. A simple but effective communication method to help build project support and buy-in from all members of the organization is known as
- A. an elevator speech.
- B. a marketing campaign.
- C. a seminar or conference.
- D. rewards and recognitions.
15. Who should receive regular communications regarding the IG framework?
- A. all personnel
- B. key stakeholders
- C. middle management
- D. RIM and IT security staff
Establishing the IG Program
16. Which of the following benefits should be quantified to obtain management approval of an information governance program?
- A. higher visibility
- B. improved policy compliance
- C. more defensible chain of custody
- D. lower discovery cost
17. Which of the following is MOST LIKELY to satisfy an outside regulator looking for evidence that employees have been trained?
- A. review of content of training materials
- B. written assurance by C-level executives
- C. interviews with randomly selected employees
- D. certificates of completion for online training models
18. Gathering, classifying, storing and disseminating internal and external organizational information assets is known as
- A. content management.
- B. knowledge management.
- C. service lifecycle management.
- D. organizational asset management.
19. To improve the adoption and effectiveness of the IG program, those responsible NEED to have this assignment recognized in
Establishing IG Business Integration and Oversight
- A. their job description.
- B. departmental meetings.
- C. their performance review.
- D. company-wide communications.
20. Resources necessary to align business area requirements with the IG framework include
- A. strategic plans and goals
- B. key IT and industry standards
- C. records retention schedules and life plans
- D. information technology and application inventories
21. One measure of an effective IG program is
- A. reduction in storage footprint
- B. social media posts that attest the program
- C. improvement in employee morale
- D. testimonial email and other communications
22. What is a means of verifying that a document is authentic?
- A. Kerberos
- B. digital signature
- C. public key infrastructure
- D. two-factor authentication
23. The CIO mandated that business applications be decommissioned if the vendor no longer supports them. When preparing to migrate data from a decommissioned system, the IG Professional should recommend that the data be
- A. exported as is.
- B. deleted if greater than 7 years old.
- C. evaluated for consistency and quality.
- D. deleted if not used or accessed within the last 2 years.
Aligning Technology with the IG Framework
24. Which of the following is a common storage volume reduction technique?
- A. deduplication
- B. cloud storage
- C. utilization of local storage
- D. hierarchical storage management
25. Data remediation to the Records Retention Schedule should FIRST be considered during the software _____ process.
- A. development
- B. procurement
- C. decommissioning
- D. contract negotiation
26. When implementing a new software system, such as collaborative platform or social media marketing, which of the following should be considered in order to ensure IG strategy is taken into account?
- A. processor speed and size
- B. how data is secured and protected
- C. which server farm to install the application on
- D. how much storage space to allocate to the application
27. What is the MOST important reason for establishing a digital preservation strategy as part of an IG strategy?
- A. defines obsolete file formats and technologies
- B. ensures readability of historical marketing material for future generations
- C. clearly defines the long-term preservation strategy of records and information assets
- D. mitigates the risk of technology obsolescence to ensure accessibility of long-term information assets
28. When software does not run on the user organization’s own servers, it is known as
- A. middleware.
- B. hosted application.
- C. server virtualization.
- D. multi-processor system.
29. New application development plans must cater to the requirements of the IG program and platform by assuring they
- A. incorporate their own IG controls.
- B. can coexist with the IG technology platform.
- C. can be integrated with the IG technology platform.
- D. store information Assets inside the corporate firewall.
30. Knowledge or an organization’s ___________ may assist the IG professional in incorporating IG principles into new and existing recordkeeping systems.
- A. business processes
- B. IT goals and operations
- C. internal communication strategies
- D. records retention and disposition schedule
Question Correct Answer
1 – C
2 – B
3 – A
4 – A
5 – D
6 – A
7 – B
8 – A
9 – D
10 – B
11 – B
12 – B
13 – B
14 – A
15 – B
16 – D
17 – D
18 – B
19 – C
20 – A
21 – A
22 – B
23 – C
24 – A
25 – C
26 – B
27 – D
28 – B
29 – C
30 – A