Essentials of Records and Information
Management (RIM) Certificate
Are you an asset to your organization? Do you have the skills needed to manage information within your organization as a strategic component for success? ARMA International’s Essentials of RIM Certificate is designed for entry-level information management professionals and other individuals whose jobs involve records, such as attorneys, paralegals, IT specialists, and administrators. There's no travel involved - all courses are offered online for convenient and flexible training on YOUR schedule.
For 55 years, ARMA International has been the go-to resource for professionals who manage information. Now, you can earn a certificate from ARMA International that will demonstrate your knowledge and skills in managing information for your organization.
Essentials of RIM Certificate holders will have completed the following courses that can be taken in any order:
Register now and just like that, you're on your way to a certificate from the most respected name in information management education - ARMA International.
Try It before You Buy It: Purchase the course “What Is RIM?” If you decide to enroll in the certificate program, we’ll credit this single course purchase toward the certificate program cost. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive this credit and enroll in the certificate program.
Develop Your Skillset
As an Essentials of RIM certificate holder, you will bring even more value to your organization by being able to facilitate the following tasks. For a complete course outline, click here.
- Conduct a records inventory
- Manage and reduce the threats to privacy
- Facilitate the development of a vital records program
- Prepare your organization for audits
- Implement an electronic records management program
- Preserve and store physical and electronic records
- Perform and recommend best practices for the legal hold process
- Develop a retention schedule that supports RIM compliance
- Develop of a disaster recovery plan
- Develop a risk management program
Build your library! These publications are included FREE with registration.
These publications are part of your course fees and will serve you and your organization for years:
- Managing Risks for Records and Information
- Records Management: Making the Transition from Paper to Electronic
- Establishing Alphabetic, Numeric, Subject Filing Systems
- Records Management Responsibility in Litigation Support
- Micrographics: Technology for the 21st Century
- Vital Records Programs: Identifying, Managing, and Recovering Business-Critical Records
- Records Center Operations, 3rd Ed.
- Emergency Management for Records and Information Programs, 2nd Ed.
- How to Develop a Retention Schedule
- Sample Forms for Archival and Records Management Programs
Still have questions? Visit our FAQ page!
Have exam questions? Look for answers here!