Register Now for One of These Great Locations!
|Atlanta - |
Sponsored by Xact Data Discovery
|February 25-26, 2013 ||Wyndham Atlanta Galleria || |
|Los Angeles - Sponsored by Collabware and KnowledgeLake ||March 4-5, 2013 ||Embassy Suites Los Angeles - International Airport/North || |
|Canadian Region Conference ||June 1-2, 2013 ||Saskatoon (registration with ARMA Canada Conference) ||Sold Out! |
|New York || |
June 10-11, 2013
|NBC Offices, New York ||Sold Out! |
|Kansas City - |
Sponsored by Xact Data Discovery
|June 17-18, 2013 ||DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Kansas City - Overland Park || |
Philadelphia-sponsored by Xact Data Discovery
|June 24-25, 2013 ||DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Philadelphia - Valley Forge || |
Sign up now for just $399 - A $549 value!
Receive all the tools and resources you need to start working on your own EDRMS project for the cost of this session. With your registration, you'll also receive:
|Book ||Bruce Miller’s book Managing Records in SharePoint 2010, an ARMA International best-seller. |
|Project Modeler ||Track project costs and resources. |
|Course Materials ||All course content in reusable electronic format, including presentation materials, handouts, and a reference library, available for download. |
|Discussion Guide ||Identify and track all key project decisions and their impact on outcome. |
|Project Template ||A comprehensive sample project description you can modify for your own project. |
What You'll Learn:
In this interactive, fast-paced certificate program, you'll learn how to successfully implement large and complex Electronic Document & Records Management Systems (EDRMS). The program is facilitated by Bruce Miller, best-selling author and expert in electronic recordkeeping. This certificate program consists of a 2-day seminar and a comprehensive computer-based exam you can take on your own after completion of the course. This certificate program is based on Microsoft SharePoint® 2010, but it is fully applicable to other technology platforms. Work through a detailed 12-step EDRMS methodology and use an EDRMS project modeling tool to facilitate successful implementation. Discover how to avoid common implementation mistakes, overcome common barriers to user adoption, produce a detailed EDRMS project plan, and produce a detailed project roadmap for stakeholders.
Using a hypothetical thousand-person organization as a working model, you will gain insight into core electronic recordkeeping concepts and principles. You are assigned specific roles and engage in critical project discussions and decisions. You’ll also walk through an implementation project featuring typical roadblocks that must be overcome.
How the Course is Structured:
Too many EDRMS projects have needlessly failed. This certificate program will give you the tools to successfully implement an EDRMS solution, based on Miller’s EDRMS Implementation Methodology. This methodology calls for four steps in each of the following three stages:
Stage 1: Policies. Change the attitude toward recordkeeping, and introduce new policies that form the driving force behind user adoption.
Stage 2: Procedures. Change existing document-handling procedures to reflect the new policies, and set the stage for using the software.
Stage 3: Technology. Install and configure the software in accordance with the changed business procedures, to support end user qualification, declaration, and classification, the three ingredients of a successful EDRMS project.
This methodology greatly increases the odds of a successful outcome for your EDRMS project. Developed over the past 15 years, this approach is specifically designed to minimize the risk of failure by avoiding common failures.
- Establish permanent, quantifiable measures used to ensure project progress and success
- Avoid mistakes commonly made in most EDRMS projects
- Detail how to configure the software for declaration and classification
- Learn the capabilities and limitations of Microsoft SharePoint® 2010 and how to overcome them
- Realize implementation methodology is independent of technology (product/brand/style)
- Scale methodology to any size project
- Clearly define new, permanent roles and responsibilities of RIM administrator and IT support
- Define who operates the system and what they need to know to ensure ongoing success
- Spell out a clear implementation plan and strategy
Topics covered in this certificate program include:
- EDRMS Project Implementation Realities: real-world obstacles and barriers to success
- Electronic Recordkeeping Fundamentals: what you need to know about the science of electronic recordkeeping and key concepts, principles, and measures
- Capabilities and Limitations of SharePoint 2010: a look at the major shortcomings and the options to overcome them
- The EDRMS Model: understand the various elements of an EDRMS project, its components, and the different records flows and how to effectively harness them
- Implementation Fundamentals: review fundamental principles common to all EDRMS projects, including common implementation mistakes
- The 12-step Methodology: a comprehensive EDRMS implementation methodology, covering the three stages of Policy, Procedure, and Technology
- Roles and Responsibilities: examine needed changes in the roles of IT and RIM professionals
- EDRMS Project Management Tool: track required resources and costs with a project modeling tool, using a hypothetical thousand-person organization.
Upon completion of this certificate program, participants will be able to:
- Develop a detailed EDRMS roadmap and project implementation plan
- Identify and avoid repeating common EDRMS implementation mistakes
- Overcome limitations of the EDRMS software
- Achieve full user adoption
- Change the role of the RIM practitioner to support permanent EDRMS success
- Estimate budget and resource requirements
- Meet measurable recordkeeping targets
- Apply best practices for the implementation of electronic record keeping solutions.
No special knowledge of recordkeeping or IT is required.
Who Will Benefit
All EDRMS project stakeholders will benefit from this seminar, including records management professionals, IT managers and specialists, project managers, and senior management.
Need a room for the duration of the program? Maybe just overnight? Check out these options.
Plan on the seminar activites to be from 8:30am to 5:00pm both days. Lunch is included both days.
Written cancellations postmarked, e-mailed, or faxed by three weeks prior to the event will incur a cancellation fee of $100 (USD). Cancellations postmarked, e-mailed, or faxed after three weeks prior to the event, and by noon, one week prior to the event, will be subject to a penalty of 50% of registration fees. There will be no refunds to registrants who do not cancel by one week prior to the event, and are “no shows” at the ARMA Live Road Show. Substitutions are encouraged.
We're happy to answer. Contact email@example.com.
SharePoint® Road Show Sponsors: