ARMA Live! Selecting eDiscovery Technology and Service Solutions Boot Camp, Presented by eDJ Group
Sponsored by Xact Data Discovery:
| Chicago ||Sept. 26, 2013 |
| Westin Michigan Avenue |
| Register Onsite! |
Registration for this event is free, courtesy of our sponsors!* Space is limited to 50 participants.
Technology and service selection is a foundational process in a mature, successful eDiscovery effort at a corporation or law firm. This boot camp, facilitated by the eDJ's Babs Deacon, will focus on the following steps that lead to an effective selection process:
- Preparing for vendor selection by gathering the right participants and information as groundwork
- Understanding the components of an efficacious RFI/RFP document and methods for analyzing responses
- Implementing the steps involved in grading and assuring the veracity of vendor responses and in performing appropriate tests, acceptance and implementation tasks.
9:00am – 10:00am Registration / Morning coffee
10:00am – 11:00am Intro to program/Case Study/Introductions
11:00am – Noon Preparing Your Organization for Vendor Selection
It is important for an organization to be adequately prepared to conduct a preferred vendor selection program if it is to succeed. The right participants and information gathering is key to laying the groundwork for a preferred vendor program or even just a single vendor selection project.
This session will help you understand the benefits and process of a preferred vendor selection program and learn the steps required, before selection begins, to prepare the organization and project team for the selection process.
Setting up an organization for a preferred vendor program to succeed
- Getting the right stakeholders, input and buy-in
- Building a case for preferred vendors: Metrics and Risk Assessment
- Powerful stakeholders and user buy-in are key to prevent consumers from ignoring preferred vendor programs, once they’re in place
- The right input is necessary to understand the required features of the software or service, as well as the impact on users, departments and the organization as a whole
- Understanding cultural, historic and people related issues that are speed bumps to implementing a successful process
- Determining the scope of what needs to be procured: services, software, staffing
- Needs assessment
- Infrastructure assessment
- In-house/outsource assessment
- How to formulate in-house metrics
- In-house resource assessment:
- Can selected solution be supported it with current head count?
- What are the risks in outsourcing
- Budget – what level of software/service can you afford?
- Materials: (case studies, check lists, articles, white papers, exercise scenario)
- Test/Exercise: Each table will participate in a roll playing scenario designed to require participation in the tasks outlined in the module.
Noon – 1:30pm Luncheon & Thought Leadership Panel
The lunch hour is an opportunity for our Thought Leadership Panel to discuss the topic from their perspectives. Panelists will represent various sponsors and provide a non-sales, collegial response to five to six questions prepared by the eDJ moderator, such as: “What are the most important metrics to provide to a service provider when selecting eDiscovery services?” and “What is the most misleading question or issue on most RFPs?”
1:30pm – 2:30pm RFI/RFP Crafting
Learn how to formulate a selection process that you control and is an equitable comparison of respondents, and understand the components of an efficacious RFI/RFP document and methods for analyzing responses.
- Drafting an RFI/RFP
- Controlling the process through guidelines, formats and timelines
- Purpose and components of an RFI
- RFP methods, formats and examples
- Apples to Apples
- Use of Excel
- Create a scenario that fits your organization
- Create ranges of numeric responses to allow for volume discounts and assist with budgeting.
- Create multiple scenarios to understand various data reduction strategies such as use of TAR
- Prioritize questions/features before receiving answers
- Managing vendor questions, modifications to RFI/RFPs
- Materials: (Case Studies, Check list, articles, white papers, exercises)
- Sample RFI with Instructions to respondents
- Sample RFP with Instructions to respondents
- Use of the eDiscoveryMatrix
- Test/Exercise: Participants will complete an incomplete RFP to show that they have understood the module specifics
2:30pm – 3:00pm Break
3pm – 4pm Evaluation and Implementation
You’ve received vendor responses, how do you use them to make a final selection?
- Grading responses
- Reference Checks
- Non-Reference Checks
- Back-up relationships
- Implementing new vendors/following preferred vendor method program.
- Materials: (Case Studies, Check lists, white papers, exercises)
- Test/Exercise: Each table will return to the roll playing scenario in order to participate in the steps and tasks related to vendor selection.
4pm – 5pm Happy Hour
*Registration to this event is free, courtesy of our sponsors. By registering for this event, you agree to provide your contact information to the event sponsors. Sorry, no non-sponsoring vendors may attend.
To sponsor, contact:
Company name A-J: Elizabeth Zlitni
Company name K-Z: Karen Lind Russell and Krista Markley