Retention Program Development Certificate
In this certificate program you will acquire the research and appraisal skills necessary for developing a records retention schedule or revising an existing one. A detailed 10-step methodology will help you learn how to schedule both electronic and analog records and how to employ project management techniques for allocating resources.
The skills you’ll learn also apply to assessing and monitoring retention schedules developed by external consultants. The program concludes with a case study that illustrates the learning points and helps participants to more thoroughly grasp the methodology.
Upon completion of this certificate program, you will be able to:
- Allocate project resources
- Conduct contextual and functional analyses
- Compile a records inventory
- Identify requirements for records
- Develop a records retention schedule
- Document supporting materials
Sofia Empel, Ph.D., IGP, CRM, is president of InfoCentric Strategies, an information governance consultancy specializing in records and information management program development, training, technology implementation, and other analytical services. Dr. Empel frequently teaches, writes, and speaks on information governance and RIM related topics.
This course is designed for information management professionals and other individuals involved in records retention schedule development, lifecycle management of information, and regulatory, legal, and organizational compliance – such as attorneys, risk managers, IT specialists, and administrators. (ARMA Core Competencies Level 3)
Why participate? Here's what others had to say:
- The certificate will provide the recognition that I need to help excel my career and could possibly help in a salary increment come annual review. It definitely boosts my confidence and self-esteem.
- My company's CEO is excited that I've undertaken this certificate program and says it will make me (and the company) more marketable to new clients as new contracts are sought.
- Aside from the general knowledge, the certificate itself will provide proof that I have actually taken courses from ARMA to attain this knowledge -- for my resume.
- This certificate boosts my credibility and influence throughout the organization.
Need a place to stay for the night? Reserve a room at the same hotel where the roadshow will take place: New Orleans
Hilton New Orleans/St. Charles Avenue Arlington
333 St. Charles Ave – New Orleans, LA 70130
950 N Stafford St – Arlington, VA 22203